Feather Play

Feather Play

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Purple flower play

I've had SEW much fun playing for the last 2 days!!!

I've been sewing most ALL my life!
I can't even think of going more than a day without sewing!

I LOVE IT!!!

It's fun to play around and make little quilts,
or gradated color quilts,
or any other kind of piecing!
GREAT FUN!

Since I've been quilting,
my PASSION is the free motion quilting!!!

I can only go for so long without free motion quilting...
then I start to go through with drawl,
twitching,
drooling,
the WORKS!

So today I just HAD to quilt!

This is just a play piece...
there was NO plan,
No stress,
JUST play!

This is a fat quarter with cotton batting

I just made the center,
then feathers all around...
looks like a flower! 

Added and echo around it...
I like the way it adds importance to it!

Let's see what a 2nd echo looks like...
GREAT!

While adding the 2nd echo,
I made a little mistake.
BUT,
Mistakes are only creative opportunities, right?
So,
the curls and leaves were added all around.
If I had given it ANY thought,
I would have given some thought to the leaf directions!
DUH!
LOL!
This is practice!
This is practice!
This is practice!

I've liked the look of several different designs in the background
others have been doing,
let's try it! 

There's a little of everything...

It's pretty cool!

That's as far as I got.

I was also trying a new thread,
Wonderfil 100wt.
(It's the background grey thread.)

I LOVE IT!!!

Practice is SO worth it!!!
Practice will make you better!!!
Practice is an investment!!!
Practice is investing in YOU!!!
Practice makes is SEW worth it!!!

So cut up some fat quarters,
Make them into sandwiches,
And practice everyday!
(Or as close to that as you can.)
You DON'T have to quilt the entire fat quarter each day!
Just a small section.
I often draw a line down the middle,
then draw that into 4 sections so I have 8 sections total.
This is a small enough area I can quilt in a day.
And, even if I only quilt half of that section...
I'm good!

Free Motion quilting takes 
PRACTICE!!!
PRACTICE!!!
PRACTICE!!!

Have fun practicing!

Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment