This is a QUILTERS blog! I LOVE to share my passion!!! My passion is FREE MOTION Quilting on my domestic machine! Teaching free motion quilt on your domestic machine, traveling, and meeting quilters is such a joy!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you!!!
This is ONE of the classes I'm teaching at the Mancuso Quilt Fest June 25-29.
Registration ends June 17
Sign up soon!
Class is Live
Let's have some fun thinking OUTSIDE the box! In this class, FROM ONE DESIGN TO ANOTHER, we'll learn how to look at a free motion quilting design and change it a little to create a different design. Sometimes, this is just realizing what works for you, how do I simplify this design, I like this but want it fuller/slimmer, or what can I come up with? YES, the goal is to take the "blinders" off and get you seeing ALL the possibilities! You'll really get to see my "What If" mentality in this class. You'll make a sampler in this class. (Designs change as students sometimes suggest designs and every class moves at a different pace.)
This is a 3 hour class, full of fun designs, creating, and possibilities!
I'm about to teach for the second time in a Virtual Quilt Show! Each Venue has a different set of rules and requirments for the instructors as well as the show organizers have different desires for their show. So, this new venue for teaching and quilt shows will probably be different each time.
There are some advantages to the Virtual classes:
1. You will not forget something at home! LOL! (We've ALL done this!)
2. If you make a mistake cutting while in class, you have your whole stash right there with you!
3. NO LUGGING big HEAVY machines around!
4. No packing up and unpacking when you get home!
5. You're in your own home, using your nice machine!
6. You're in the privacy of your own home!
7. You're in your comfortable surroundings!
8. You can still go to the bathroom when you want...(But it's nice to be in your own bathroom).
9. You can still ask ALL the questions you want!!!
10. Each teacher should have different camera views when teaching.
11. There will NOT be people in front of you...you'll be able to see the demo!!!
12. You get to see some of our machines...and we're comfortable on our own machine too.
So, TRY A VIRTUAL CLASS!!!
The Mancuso QuiltFest is coming up JUNE 25-29, 2020 and registration for classes has already begun!
I'll be teaching 3 classes:
1. All About Threads! This is a fun lecture and you'll learn a lot about all different threads!
2. Beginning Ruler Work on your Domestic machine! We start at the beginning on how to hold a ruler, how to work with a ruler, and how to thingk with a ruler...It's all a little different than we're used to. You'll learn ALL the basics! Then we'll take a short break and come back and create designs with the ruler! There is a kit fee for this class...there's a special ruler I've created, with 4 different sides to it, so you don't have to spend a lot of money on rulers just to see if you even like working with rulers. This is a FUN class and opens up a whole new world of free motion quilting!
3. From one Design to Another - Oh, the fun we have in this class!!! We think outside the box and learn to manipulate designs!!! I try really hard to get you to play around and relax and ENJOY quilting in this class!
Have you wondered what all the hype is about with these Wool Bag Kits?
While in Houston I decided to pick one up and see what everyone is talking about.
As an educator for WonderFil Threads...this was probably a smart idea, since WonderFil sells these kits! (I should probably know a little about these this kits...you think?)
These bags are already PRE CUT for you!
All the grommets are already installed!
The leather handles are included!
The snap on a leather circle is included!
Coursage pins are included...good thing, I didn't have any!
2 hand sewing needles are included!
Oh, the inside zipper pocket is already sewn on the inside!
ALL YOU DO IS BE CREATIVE!
ALL THE HARD WORK IS DONE FOR YOU!!!!
This is what the bag would look like if you just made it, without any decorations.
There are SO MANY OPTIONS!!!
Just let your creative juices flow and you'll come up with something! There were too many ideas rolling around in my head after I got this kit. While roamimg around the vendors, I saw a few things I wanted to play with...and this bag was just the place to do that!
What I couldn't let go of was this Recycled Sari Silk Ribbon!
These bundles were STUNNING!!!!
This is how you purchase it, in a twisted bundle like this. (These were not the colors of mine.)
Once I opened mine, the colors went the whole range and had a lot of variables. In trying to get this ribbon apart, I created a beautiful mess! There's a LOT of fabric on these things!
I couched over it using a simple zig zag stitch and TUTTI, it's a 50wt. varigated thread WonderFil makes...super low lint! I just went all over the bag piece and filled in as much as I could.
Here's the finished bag!
This was SO much FUN!!! All the hard work of cutting out, setting grommets, blah, blah, blah...
was all done for me!!!
ALL I had to do was decide how to have fun! Then the construction was ONLY 2 seams!
I ABSOLUTELY recommend you have fun making these bags!
Have you ever had a GREAT idea....
You're SO excited you just plow right into the project idea? (Without much planning!)
There was this fabric I had made...
This FABULOUS idea came to me after my son proposed to his girlfriend! I would need a Christmas stocking for her at my house! LET'S DO THIS!
Ok, She really liked this fabric a lot, and it was made with her favorite colors in mind! (I had NO idea what I'd ever do with this fabric...but it was super fun to make!)
Let's make her a Christmas stocking out of this really cool fabric!!!
So, I got one of our Christmas stockings out and cut around it adding a seam allowance.
You need a FRONT
AND a BACK!
This is what I cut in ALL my excitement about this GREAT IDEA!
Say it with me....
Laugh with me....(after I had my "OH SH_ _!" moment)
You see...this fabric was only 21" square,
it took a while to make,
I didn't have enough fabric to make more!
LET'S MAKE LEMONADE!!!
I had told my daughter it was a shame you lost the design of the top fabric in the process of making this fabric, It really was a cool fabric with fish and starfish on it. The little bit that was left of that fabric was JUST enough to make Lemonade with! Now people would be able to see what the fabric looks like! This fabric was quilted so I could then cut...
Say it with me...
And now the 2 stockings could be made complete!!!
Why do I need 2 of the exact same stocking though?
I was going to carry her stocking with me when I teach and show as a sample...Now I have a permanent sample and a stocking that totally belongs to my precious future Daughter In Law!!!
This was a HAPPY ACCIDENT!
Making Lemonade brings out the creative juices in us and pushes us to come up with a solution!