Feather Play

Feather Play

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Accuquilt Die Cutter!

OH MY!
Can you say EXCITED!!!!

FINALLY!
There is time for me to play with my new toy!
Whoohoo!!!

I recently got an
Accuquilt Studio Die Cutter!

There has been a 
MINIATURE quilt in my future for some time now....
and now we're going to cut it out!

I'm making a mini hexagon quilt!

So the dies I'm using are the
            #50362


AND




And I'm using the SMALLEST size of each die!

The Bullseye dies are different in that you can use any size.
They nest inside each other.
When you use them you need to remember 
foam, blade, foam.
Meaning...
the blade needs to be surrounded by the foam sections so your fabric is supported
inside the blade die and outside!
Since I'm using the smallest size blade...
(1 inch...YES! I'm NUTS!)
I'll only need the outside foam.
Looking at the pictures above,
The sections with the metal line in them
are the blade pieces.
The sections that are solid wood
are the foam sections.
These are the back side of these dies.

Now,
Let's get our die going...

Here is the 1" hexagon die with the blade.


Now I need the foam to go around it to support my fabric.


Then, we nest them inside each other.


Ready to cut!



Let's cut the triangles...
1" blade...


Foam...


Nest them together.


Ready to cut!


AND...
How do you store these TINY 1" triangles so the 
CATS
won't get to them?


In little containers!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
(I'm so happy when I can outsmart the cats!  LOL)


I'm going to finish cutting ALL these 
1" triangles...
I need a total of 284 grey 
and I'm only about half way there!

I'll show you the design tomorrow after I lay it out!

This is SEW much FUN!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEW IT TOGETHER!!!!

Go have FUN today!

Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!

Nina







No comments:

Post a Comment