Feather Play

Feather Play

Sunday, February 28, 2021

More Practice Needed!

 Well...

That didn't go so well!  I had all kinds of things wrong with that first quilting sample...but I'm learning here.  This is my FIRST longarm and there's SO much to learn!  One thing I do know...I NEED MORE PRACTICE!  So, let's put some fabric on and just get a better feel for Lucey...we need to become FRIENDS!  We need to become BEST BUDS!!!!

HERE WE GO....

How do you learn control when you're learning free motion quilting?  Why you start simple!  Of course the first thing I wanted to try was RULER WORK..because I love doing RULER WORK!  BUT...baby steps...BABY STEPS!!!  We ALL have to start at the beginning!


This is practicing with simple designs to get the feel of this big longarm!
This is a very different feel than working on a domestic machine.
But...I think I like it...



More practicing...
no rulers...
just all free motion...


And...
Can I just brag on my husband for a minute?  
He was never willing to try free motion quilting on my domestic machine!
But...a little wine sure does loosen you up...LOL!
I got him to try the longarm out!
DIDN'T HE DO GREAT???!!!


Free Motion quilting is my passion!  Determination mixed with this passion will result in a good outcome!  I'll continue to share this journey with you...even the ugly things...shhh...

More later!

Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts




No comments:

Post a Comment