Feather Play

Feather Play

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Let's do some quilting!

 When I went to Louisiana to test drive this longarm, I took a friend who has one with me.  I didn't know how to load it or anything!  I'm A DOMESTIC MACHINE QUILTER!!!!  Longarm?  No!

First, I learned to load it!  WAIT!  Let's back up a minute...

First, there was about 10 days before I could go to Louisiana and actually get the longarm and bring it home.  LOTS of Youtube videos were watched in this time!  (Technology is full of usefull information!)

Then, loading the longarm for the first time was kind of scary...but I got it done.  It's kind of simple, really.  You just have to know what bars are used for what layer of the quilt.  

This is my test piece when I went to test drive Lucey in Louisiana.


She felt really good and I knew I could get used to this machine.

Now let's look at my first practice piece since Lucey came home...



I feel like such a fish out of water!!!  I can quilt on my domestic machine and do anything I want to...I've put in the practice for many years and it DOES pay off!  It takes lots and LOTS of practice, but it's worth it!  We tend to put time into what we fell is worth it to us, and we each have a different "something" we feel is worth our time and effort, and this is mine.  I LOVE free motion quilting!!!  This is my FAVORITE part of the quilting process!

My tension is too tight, stitches are too small...can you see how it's literally tearing the fabric?
BOY, DO I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!!!

More later!

Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts




No comments:

Post a Comment