Feather Play

Feather Play

Friday, February 12, 2021

New Adventure

I have to tell you about something that just happened!

I GOT A LONG ARM!


I am a DOMESTIC MACHINE quilter!  

I TEACH it!  I LOVE it!  I KNOW it! 


Long Arm?  Hmmmm???? 


We've all looked at Long arms at all the quilt shows!  There's always the opportunity to "test drive" different brands, and it's just fun to try them!  WHY NOT?!?!  I have several friends who have long arms and quilt for others as their business, and I've had the opportunity to play on their long arms too.  I've toyed with the idea of getting one for a few years...and I just kept backing away from it, never getting very serious about it.  I'd "test drive" used ones in my area, but either the machine didn't feel good or it was too expensive or I simply didn't have the money at that time.  Then, the question always comes into your head, "Do you REALLY want a long arm?".  About 6 months ago I just decided that if a long arm was in my future it was just going to have to fall in my lap.  I left the decision in God's hands and kind of forgot about it.

THEN, one day I get a text from an APQS dealer I had talked to some time ago, and she told me about a man who's wife has Dementia and can't use her machine anymore...am I still looking and would I be interested?  WELL...After taking care of my Dad for 6 years who had Dementia, (he passed 1.5 years ago), my heart went out to this husband!  I took a friend with me who has a long arm, as I didn't know how to load a long arm, and wouldn't know how to troubleshoot a machine that's been sitting for a while.  Sounded like a FUN day trip anyway...it was an easy 2 hour drive.  Once we got it oiled and ready to quilt, it was so much fun!  It just felt right!  Does that make sense to you?  This man was such a pleasure to work with too!  We agreed on a good price for the machine.  I told him I had to make room for it...aka, CLEAN OUT MY SEWING ROOM!  He said it's been sitting here unused for this long, a few more weeks doesn't matter.  

AND HERE SHE IS!!!  APQS LUCEY!


This is going to be a huge learning curve!  But I'm going to share this process with you!  The good, and the ugly!  HAHA!

More later!


Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts






No comments:

Post a Comment