Feather Play

Feather Play

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Making room for this new Long Arm adventure

 As a caretaker for 6 years, my life simply did NOT exist!  NADA!  NO!  NOPE!  Nina who?  FOR REAL folks!  If you've been a caretaker, you KNOW!  If you've been a caretaker, I APPLAUD YOU!!!  It's constant and I was all he had!  I'm saying this to bring up a point, as a caretaker you do NOT have time for your own home!  I kept his apartment clean, cooked for him, took him to Dr. appointments, shopped for him...you get the picture.  My life and my family were no longer first, they were second to last...I was last.    

Enough of all that, you get the point!  (You really don't want me to get on that wagon!)

After reading that, I'm assuming you can guess what my sewing room looked like after 6 years of what I call "blowing and going".  You know, Dad takes a nap, I have 30 minutes to sew, he wakes up and time to tend to him again.  Nothing gets cleaned up, you just have to enjoy sewing for the few minutes you can.  Now, my life is all about getting my life back...this includes my house!  We've been working on it and 2021 is the year to reclaim our home!  

Let's focus on the sewing room and this new addition coming in...

This is the space the long arm is going to live in.  The white table is all junked up and needs to go!  ALL that STUFF needs to go too!  I will have 2 feet of walking space between the 12' frame and my brown sewing table, so this can stay where it is.  

THIS IS A NON JUDGEMENT ZONE!

PLEASE?

There's a LOT OF WORK TO DO!


A LOT of things had been donated!
Aren't you proud of me?

Almost there!

Time for these to come out!
They are SO heavy, they will come out in pieces!

AH! That felt good!

Space is ready for it's new occupant!

And here she is!

There's still more work to do in this room, and the rest of my house, but it took 8 years to get this way!  My Dad passed 1.5 years ago, so now it's time for me to claim my house back!
This is a step in the right direction though!  Having a new reason to clear things out is great motivation!  The other side of the room is almost done...I'm getting a new cutting table!  Woohoo!  

More later!

Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts








No comments:

Post a Comment