Feather Play

Feather Play

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Creating new storage

 Along with the cutting table being taken out in pieces, there was a shelving unit in the way as well.  

This shelving unit holds special fabrics a friend of mine hand dyes and they are absolutely gorgeous!  I treasure these fabrics, I LOVE these fabrics!  Now there's enough of them in my stash I'm willing and enjoying using them!  We have to remember we bought the fabrics in our stash because we like them and want to use them and had ideas for them...SO LET'S USE THEM!!!!  YES!  Give yourself permission to use these precious fabrics!!!  You'll find more precious fabrics to replace those you've used!

Here's the process of adding new storage!  

Remember, this is a judgement free zone...right?!!!


This is the shelving unit to empty and move its contents.  But as you can see...those special fabrics are not easily accessible nor are they even visible!   This makes them hard to use and be inspired to use!  


I have 2 dormer windows in my sewing room.  They're really cute, but have been easy to junk up!


Clearing this space out required more hard decisions and getting rid of things I've not used, and admit am not going to use after all this time.  Space is totally cleared out...WOOHOO!!!!


Deciding what to do with this space took a minute, but shelves on the wall seemed a logical solution.


And the shelves are almost competed!  Don't you love this?  I DO!


All my special hand dyed fabrics and aboriginal fabrics are on these shelves!
Refolding these took a minute, but they are easily accessible, visible, and useable now!  
How INSPIRING!  

This little alcove turned out so cute!  I love how the fabrics are folded...and want to do this with the rest of my fabric stash.  But that's a whole other project for another day next month!

More Later!

Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts









No comments:

Post a Comment