Feather Play

Feather Play

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Some More Practice

 That practice was LOADS of fun!!!  As much as I want to jump right in...I'm doing what I tell all my students to do...

Practice...

PRACTICE...

PRACTICE!!!

Practicing might not be as much fun as quilting on a quilt, it might be considered unproductive, and it might be considered a waste of fabric.  

BUT...with practicing our craft we get better at it!!!  (There's NO other way!)

So here's just white fabric on the long arm...

Let's practice some feathers! Those of you who know me, know I LOVE feathers!!!  Since I don't have the muscle memory needed for the longarm yet, it's time to develop it!  Let's DO THIS!

I really can't emphasize enough how different a longarm is from domestic quilting!  I feel like a true beginner!!!

As we practice we get better!  See the improvement ?

Here some close ups are...these are not ready for a quilt yet...
practice, Practice, PRACTICE!!!

These are the feathers I started with when I was learning feathers so many years ago.  I figured it was good to start with these then, I'll do this again learning the longarm.

And here is the whole piece.  
It was just a scrap of batting and the fabric was cut accordingly.

Well, I'm happy with this progress so far.  Onto another practice!

Practice makes you have that muscle memory you need when free motion quilting!  

Practice gives you a feel for your machine when you're free motion quilting!

Practice pays off in many BIG ways!!!

KEEP ON PRACTICING!!!

More later!

Sew the pieces of life together!

They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

www.ninaquilts.com
ninaclotfelter@gmail.com
follow me on Facebook & Instagram: Nina Clotfelter Quilts


No comments:

Post a Comment