Feather Play

Feather Play

Monday, February 9, 2015

The Vase!

 
I've wanted to do a portrait quilt for a long time!
 
Here is my trial run!
 
A VASE!
 
And if I messed it up, I could have always thrown it out!
HA!
 
Not bad, though...
 
Huh?
 
 
I laid my vase on a green folder...it's looks funny, sorry!
 
This process was simpler than I thought it would be!
 
And SO much FUN!!!
 
I used 7 graduated colors, some were quite a jump!
But it looks fine!
Some fabrics were solid, some fabrics were died...
But it looks fine!
This shows me I can use any fabric!
The gradation doesn't have to be slight, it can be a bit of a jump!
The fabrics don't have to all solid, all hand died, all commercial!
You can do what you want!!!
 
I can't wait to make the portrait now!
 
 
 
IDEA!
 
I am teaching a paper pieced block of the month starting in July.
 
(This will be at an amazing quilt shop I teach at a lot.)
 
Would you like for me to do it on this blog as well?
 
You can sign up at Block Therapy
(228)-202-1493
They will ship any where!
 
I'll take some pictures tonight a post it tomorrow!
 
 
 
Sew the pieces of life together!
 
It's a BEAUTIFUL quilt!
 
Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment