Feather Play

Feather Play

Friday, February 20, 2015

A little Birthday FUN!

Today is my birthday...
so I' taking a break from the blocks for the weekend.
 
I had a AMAZING inspiration last night!
OH MY!
And it didn't hit me until 10pm...ugh!
 
You know what that means...
I didn't get to bed until almost midnight!
(And then I couldn't rest!)
 
But I've been racking my brain for weeks....
What do I do with this challenge fabric?!?!
 
I have a fat quarter of a specific fabric.

I have to use a recognizable amount
in a quilt
no larger than 30x30.
 
This fabric is fun and festive,
but in all greys.
 
I've used the entire fat quarter...
What do you think?
I'm calling it
Mardi Gras!
 
I like where it's going...
I still have to figure out the red one...
I need to add a fun fabric in there...
it's too plain!
I really like it!
But it doesn't fit in.
 
The CHALLENGE fabric?
Guess!
Yep!
The grey one in each of the circles!
It's fun...
But VOID of color!
I had to surround it with color
to give it LIFE!!!
 
 
Sew the pieces of life together!
It makes a BEAUTIFUL quilt!
 
Nina Clotfelter

2 comments: