Feather Play

Feather Play

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Little Elf!

I go to a retreat each December, it's this weekend.  There is a challenge each year...
Each person is send an ugly Christmas fabric.  You have to make a 12.5" block using a noticeable amount of your fabric.


Here's my ugly Christmas Fabric!
UGLY!


I pinned it on my wall and kept looking at it...
NOTHING!
(I was starting to it's too ugly to go in a block!)

THEN...
I realized I don't have to use ALL of it, or even a lot of it!  
I only have to use a recognizable amount!

So...

This is what I came up with!



The fringe on the top of the elf shoes is dimensional, it's able to move.
I sewed a little bell on the end of each point.
Then a bigger bell on the tip of the toe.
Cute!
Right?

As I kept looking at this,
The legs were looking funny!
Look at it,
the reason they look funny is the fabric I used is NOT Christmas!!!
DUH!
Elves usually have ALL red, green, white.

So,
I decided to take the legs off and replace them with a green strip fabric!
YES! 
That will work!!

I took this to Block Therapy with me yesterday.
After the paper piecing class I taught, 
I pulled this out and was ready to shop for a green fabric!

Well,
someone had an idea of adding pants to the legs...

Hmmmm....

So,

I added little knickers,
And here is the completed block!


What do you think?


Ok, here's the funniest part of this whole challenge to me...
We are each sent ugly Christmas fabric for the challenge.  We try to come up with something cute, fun, original, so on.  I like a challenge! 

 But here's the kicker!

If you win....guess what you get?
12-14 blocks made out of this UGLY Christmas fabric!  It's UGLY!  Why do I want to make a quilt of UGLY Christmas fabric?  LOL!!!

It's just funny to me!!!

The silly things we do...

Go do something fun and silly today!!!
(But NOT ugly!!!)

Nina



No comments:

Post a Comment