Feather Play

Feather Play

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Do you ever CHALLENGE yourself?



I enjoy making something out of nothing...so to speak.

I always look in the clearance section of a store...

especially a quilt store.

YES...I LOVE the price.

BUT...

I LOVE the CHALLENGE of making something beautiful 

out of these fabrics nobody else wanted!!!

It's sew much fun!!!

Sew...

Here's my "ugly" fabric...


This yellow strip really doesn't have a lot of...

Well...

Anything!  

Just BLAH!


This houndstooth I thought was great!

It compliments the first fabric kind of nicely! 



Ok!

This is a COOL fabric for a hunter!!!

These 3 fabrics are PERFECT for a friend who's having a baby!!!

The daddy is a hunter!

He's having a baby boy.

Well...

His WIFE is!!!

And since I don't do cute pastel colored baby quilts...

I like them to drag them around when they're older!

I thought I'd challenge myself to turning these 3 fabrics

into a FABULOUS baby boy quilt!

Can't you see it?

No?

Oh, I can!!!



This Camo will be the back!

It's DINOSAURS!!!!

AND, it's SOOO SOFT!!!!!


So...

Are you ready to see what I made with my clearance fabric?

Here it is...



I didn't get all the boarders in the picture,

But you can see what it looks like!

What do you think?

Is this like the ultimate BOY quilt!?!?

I just love it!

I don't usually do such masculine quilts...

I showed this to my 20 yr old son...

And he WANTS IT!!!

What a compliment!!!

So, don't tell him...

I'm going to add a few more boarders on this and make it so my 6'3" baby boy

can wrap it around his big, size 14, toes!

I have enough to make another baby quilt!




Sew the pieces of life together!
It's a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter

No comments:

Post a Comment