Feather Play

Feather Play

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Backwards Star quilt

I've been on an AMAZING trip to Kansas City, Missouri!   My husband had a business trip, so I tagged along.  It's a beautiful area of our states!!!

But the BEST part of our trip...

A QUILT SHOP HOP!!!!  (While dear hubby was working...I was playing!!!)

I'll tell you ALL about it in another few days. I have to get my pictures onto my computer first.


SO, for today, I'd like to show you the star quilt I've put together...
While I was in Galveston, TX, there was a precut quilt being offered.  You supply the fabric, (12fat quarters & 1 yard of background fabric), and she'll die cut it for $10.  I'm in!  Sounded like a fun little project, and hey...it's already cut out!!!!

You what this meant...I HAD TO GO SHOPPING!!!

Pat Bolton-Legg, whom I stayed with, took me to a quilt shop.  I fell in love with one fabric and bought solid-ish fat quarters to go with it.  I was set!!!  I LOVE my fabrics!!!  I gave my fabrics & $10 to Pat.

Here's a picture of Pat's Star quilt



Didn't it turn out GREAT!!!
FABULOUS job Pat!!!!

Now, I'm going to tell on myself...

Remember I said I LOVE my fabric choices for this quilt?  
Well, guess what I did?
Come on.....
Guess....

I did my fabric BACKWARDS!!!!

YES, I bought a print I LOVED to be the background and 12 solid-ish fabrics to be the stars...
Hmmm...
How is this going to look?
Well, I will tell you, when I realized what I had done, we had to go to a different quilt shop so I could choose a different print.  One that wasn't so large and would hopefully blend a little bit and work.
(Really, I just wanted to go to another quilt shop!  LOL!!)

AND...here is my Star quilt, without boarders on it, I'll get to that...


It's not so bad...right?  LOL!!!

TOTALLY BACKWARDS!!!!
But not so bad?

I'm going to add a small black boarder, then a larger "background" boarder.  Hopefully that will pull things together and make it NOT look SO, VERY BACKWARDS!!!

Isn't life fun when we're not perfect?!!!

Now I have a quilt that's NOT like anyone else's!!!!  And I challenged myself to make it work!!!  
I'll post a picture of my backwards star quilt when I get the boarders on!
Oh, what a great name for this quilt!!!
My backwards star quilt.

Happy quilting!
Enjoy the creative opportunities you create!

Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment