Feather Play

Feather Play

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Joan's Bears!

There is a quilt shop in Gautier, Mississippi...BLOCK THERAPY.  The owners are wonderful people and are so good to their customers!!!  I enjoy teaching there tremendously!  If you haven't been there, you HAVE to check it out!!!

So, Joan has had this panel on her wall in every sewing room she's had, for 31 years!  Yes, 31 YEARS!!!  Her husband asked me to quilt it so it could be turned into a nice wall hanging for her as a surprise. He said I could whatever I wanted...Whoop! Whoop!


Here's the panel before being quilted.
                                                         

And here it is quilted!  

Don't you just LOVE how the bears pop out?  It took a lot of work...and I'm so proud of how it turned out!  This was COMPLETELY quilted on my domestic machine!



I just love how dimensional the bears are!!! 

And to my amazement...Dear hubby couldn't wait to give it to her!!!  
She totally LOVES it!!!
And was completely surprised!!!


The front of the bears


The back of the bears

Here's the part we were laughing about...Joan bought this wall hanging 31 years ago in 1983!  Before her first child was born!  AND, those bears still speak the truth! 

I'll post a picture when it's bound...in red...and hanging up.


Be creative today!!!

Nina






No comments:

Post a Comment