Feather Play

Feather Play

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Missouri SHOP HOP!!!

While I was in Kansas City, Missouri recently, I met up with an amazing friend...Lisa Ernewein!!!  Have you ever met someone who you simply click with?  It's like you've known each other all your lives and you're just catching up!  That's how Lisa and I are.  A VERY SPECIAL Lady with a BIG heart!!!

Lisa went with me on the SHOP HOP in Missouri!!!  She lives there, knows the shops, and even knows how to get to each of them!  (Although the handy dandy GPS is always helpful...just sayin!)

Our first stop was in Lee's Summit, Missouri - QUILTER'S STATION!


As you can see, we had a GORGEOUS day!!! 
This is a wonderful quilt shop!    The walls are full of quilts, of which some are original works, (and understandably they didn't want pictures taken of them).  I did buy a pattern, and I'm not much on patterns as I don't want my quilts looking like everyone else's...silly, I know.  But this one spoke to me!  It's a wall hanging, and each block has a word on it...
Chosen
Found
Redeemed
Secure
Accepted
Forgiven
Strong
Free
Blessed
Confident
Loved
Rescued
Complete
Restored
AMAZING RIGHT?  I just had to have this!!!  I'll post a picture of it when it's complete, I think it'll be my January project.  It will hang either in my stairwell, or by my front door.  I LOVE the words!!! 


The displays were creatively done! 


Talk about having all shades of a color...the fabric is packed in!  Actually, there wasn't enough room on their shelves for ALL their fabric...LOL!  We LOVE that!!!


Fabulous selection of colors!!!!


And the section I always LOVE to check out...
THREAD!
What a large selection to choose from!!!

Now, I have to tell you about the people working here...and the owner...

We were greeted as we walked in, and not your standard "hi, let us know if we can help you" blah, blah.  There was a smile on her face and in her voice!  She came over and asked what she could help me find and we started chatting.  Then the owner walked over and we had a wonderful conversation!  Everyone in this shop was SOOOO nice!!!  We felt welcomed and cherished to be there!!!

THANK YOU LADIES!!!
GREAT JOB!!!
GREAT SHOP!!!

I hope to see you again soon!!!

So, that was our first shop of the shop hop...

Seek creative opportunities!

Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment