Feather Play

Feather Play

Friday, November 21, 2014

My Backwards Star quilt complete!

OK...
Are you ready?  
Here it is...
ALL completed!!!!


And YES, my 6'3" son is standing on his tippy toes holding this up!  It looks warped, but it's NOT!  The final dimensions are 66 x 82.

Now...I'm going to tell on myself again!  (Isn't it nice to know we ALL make mistakes!!!)
When I was cutting out my boarders, my intention was for a 7"  boarder.  I was using a 5" wide ruler, adding 2", then cutting the 5" width of the ruler.  Are you following me...yes, you guessed it...I was NOT using a 5" wide ruler, but a 7" wide ruler.  My boarders ended up 9" wide!  WAY, WAY wider than I planned!!!  But I kind of like it...
What do you think?

Make lemonade out of lemons!
Be creative!
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment