Feather Play

Feather Play

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mini Hexagon Quilt

I'm SEW ready to start sewing!!!!
Aren't you?

FIRST...
You need to see how LITTLE these pieces are!


The Hexagon


The Triangles

These are SMALL!!!

LET'S GET SEWING!!!

I've laid out half of my quilt...


Let me show you how
WONDERFUL
it is to sew with die cut pieces!

Here's 2 triangles...
same size...
from same die...

When I sew them together...
the pieces line up EXACTLY!
It's FABULOUS!!!

Here is the first row... I chain pieced.

And here's the first row completed!!!

The second row is actually sewing 2 rows together.
If you go back up and look at the picture of the layout,
you'll see there's no other way to sew it,
This 2nd & 3rd row has the HEXAGON in it.


Here are some of the pieces sewn together as I was sewing these 2 rows together.


Here is the row completed!

Looking forward to connecting these two sections!

Look how little it is sewn,
compared to the layout!

YES!
These are little pieces!
But really and truly,
they're not so little it's hard to work with.
I thought it would end up smaller...
let's see how it turns out as we sew these rows together.
(It'll get smaller!)

Try something new!
Break out of the same thing every time!
It's FUN!


Sew the pieces of life together!
It makes a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina 

I HAVE to go wrap some presents now...
I hope you're ready for a special day coming up!
I think we'll make a BIRTHDAY cake again!






2 comments: