Feather Play

Feather Play

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

How do I quilt this now? (Part 2)

Guess what?
You're ready for the fun!!!

LET'S PLAY!!!

Now is when you draw out any 
ideas you have in your head!

On this Mardi Gras! quilt,
I'm thinking there needs to be a second 
strand of beads.
BUT,
not to fight with the red strand,
the idea was to quilt a strand of beads in 
gold metallic or tinsel thread.
So,
here's the second strand
drawn out.

It needs that!

Watch this strand of beads as you look at 
the rest of the pictures of this quilt...
there are changes in each picture.

That's the great thing about this method, 
using quilter's paper or vinyl,
you can really get an idea of what you want to do!

Made a little change on the beads,
they will now cross over the red beads
and dip into this little opening.

Much better!

Now, 
this is my favorite part...

QUILTING DESIGNS!!!!!

What quilting design/s will look the best
on Mardi Gras!?

The goals for this quilt are:
1. smash down the background
2. this means dense quilting
3. keep it festive and fun!
4. have the background quilting recede


Here are the first 2 background stitch options...

1. The design at the top of the picture is really dense!
I'm thinking a little too dense for Mardi Gras!
(And, it's not festive and fun!)

2. The design at the middle of the picture is cute.
But, for some reason, it doesn't do anything for me.

Neither one of them really work for me!

Let's try another one...


NOPE!
The feathers are festive, but too busy.
(I didn't have to go far with this design to see it was too busy.)

Another try?

This quilt has several little spaces
on the background.
So,  just kept trying a new design
in a different section.
I don't like to erase the other designs just yet...
You might decide to go back to one of them.
Hmmm...

I LIKE this one!

It's the design between the pink and green pin wheels.  
It's a little quirky, unexpected, yet fun.  
It's much like a stipple
(my ABSOLUTE least favorite design ever!!!!
Only because it's so over used.)
But,
if you look closely at the design,
you'll see there are sharp points and swirls!

Is this the right background design?

It's up to you, the designer!

It's your quilt!

I say YES to the design!

Yay!

Cheering from everyone!!!
LOL!

Go with your gut,
 your eye, 
your likes, 
your ability!

There is 
NO
right or wrong!
Only
personal decisions to be made!

Make yours,
stick with it,
(don't ask too many of your friends),
and
LOVE 
it!




Let's take another look at the 3 designs....

Yep!

I LOVE my choice!


Here's confirmation for me!

I erased the other designs!!!

Also, filling in additional space with the 
chosen design will help confirm
your decision!

This one really works for me!

LOVE IT!!!

So,
GO PLAY!!!


So the pieces of LIFE together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!

Nina Clotfelter












No comments:

Post a Comment