Feather Play

Feather Play

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Quilting Mini Hexagon Quilt 4

I got ALL the grey background finished!!!
WOOHOO!!!

But, FIRST...

Let me share one of my favorite Christmas gifts...

My daughter gave me this tomato pin cushion.
It's HUGE!
It's PINK!
It's BLING!
It's FUN!
I LOVE IT!



Ok...
Let's get back to the Mini Hexagon quilt!

The quilting is coming along so nicely!
It's SO  exciting!

Let me tell a little on myself...
we ALL make mistakes!

I went the WRONG WAY!
Blahahaha!
Can you see on the lower right 
where I've started taking out the stitches? 
I was supposed to have gone in the OTHER direction!

This is what it should be looking like. 


 Here's the back...
as I take out the stitches.
Don't you LOVE looking at the back of a quilt?
I DO!

AND...
Drum roll please...
blrblrblrblrbrl...

Here it is!


With all the background stitched, 
the stars REALLY pop! 

Here's a few close ups...

The bottom left corner.

The right side. 

Isn't it FUN watching a quilt come to life!?
It starts to have a beauty to it,
a personality.

Even though this quilt is small,
(16x17),
it's still a lot of work!

I know I can't quilt any on this tomorrow,
it's a full day between getting ready for the Melinda Bula class
and other commitments in the evening.
But,
I'll share the Hibiscus fabrics and all the prep work!
Should be a FUN class!

Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL you!

Nina 



No comments:

Post a Comment