Feather Play

Feather Play

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Quilting Mini Hexagon Quilt 3

This has been a fun day!
It's raining outside,
Hubby is watching football,
I'm quilting!

I really am excited about quilting this quilt!

First, though...
stitch in the ditch...
EVERY seam!
NOT my favorite thing to do,
BUT,
it really does make a difference!

Here it is all pinned and ready to go!

All the HORIZONTAL lines are stitched n the ditch.

Totally stitched in the ditch!

See how it just lays nicely with the stitch in the ditch?

Here's the back.


Now...
LET'S get to the fun part...
QUILTING!!!

Working on the grey background
and
using matching grey thread.

Here all the inside background is complete.
I'll be doing lines just inside the teal boarder on the grey.

Always LOVE a close-up!

I KNOW it's hard to see.

I'm using a wool batting 
because 
I like the stability of it with a lot of quilting.
I'm using Quilter's dream...
I LOVE this batting!
If you've never tried Quilter's Dream batting,
Please DO!
It's fabulous!

Hopefully I'll at least be able to finish the grey background tomorrow.

Monday,
I have to get ready for a 2 day workshop,
Tuesday & Wednesday.
Melinda Bula is coming to my guild to teach a workshop!
We're making her Hibiscus flower.
I can't wait!
This will be a fun workshop!
But, there's a LOT of prep work to do before class.

Go have fun!

Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL you!

Nina









No comments:

Post a Comment