Feather Play

Feather Play

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Inspiration...

Inspiration 
is everywhere!

Take pictures!
(They're easy to delete if you don't like it!)
There have been many times
I didn't
take a picture...
and later wished I had!
So,
 take pictures!

I was out of town last week...
guess where 
 inspiration came from?

THE HOTEL CARPET!

Hotel carpet can be a bit
garish.
But look at it
a little different next time.

Ask yourself,
"Could I create a free motion design from this?"

If you think so,
or even if you like it,
take a picture!
Then sit and play with it a bit.

Your free motion design
may not be exactly
like your picture,
and that's
OK!
You used your inspirational
photo for just that...
INSPIRATION!

Here is an example:
This is pretty with the leaves and flowers.
There is a pantagraph
for longarmers 
something like this.
But,
I'm a domestic machine girl!

Here's my drawing:
This could be an 
all over design very easily!

The long leaves will fill in the spaces!
The flowers can be as big or little as you want.
They can also be as abundant as you want!

here's a challenge for you... 

Come up with a design for the boarder of this carpet!

I'd really LOVE
to see what you come up with!
Post them please!
(I'll share that mine doesn't look much like 
the picture...)

Remember...
There's NO wrong way!!!
It's only your interpretation!  

Have fun!!!


Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!

Nina Clotfelter








No comments:

Post a Comment