Feather Play

Feather Play

Monday, August 10, 2015

2015 ACQG Challenge! #1

The Challenge?


{Since the challenge is due Tuesday...(as in tomorrow),
I can start posting about it.
AND...
tomorrow I'll post the winners of this challenge!}


What are you CRAZY about?

Can you guess what the challenge is?

CRAZY quilting!

NOT,
I repeat...
NOT a technique I do!

You have to crazy quilt something you're crazy about.
GREAT idea!
So, what am I passionate about?
Hmmm...
Does it have to be quilting related?
No.
Can it be personal?
Yes.
Can it be what I do for a living?
Yes.
My pets?
Yes.
ANYTHING you want!
So...
How do I pick just one?

In chatting with a friend, 
we talked about how I LOVE quilting feathers.
I LOVE FEATHERS!!!!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
I found my subject!

BUT crazy quilting?
YUCK!
(No offense for those of you who love it!)
I don't do hand work well...
so, I did my crazy quilting by machine,
 using my decorative stitches.
As you can see,
I used all the decorative stitches I could!
We had to use as many different kinds of fabrics as we could...
There's linen, satin, chiffon, silk, lace, rick rack, zipper teeth, sequins, 
netting, and probably more.

Now...
think outside the box!
Since I'm crazy about feathers...
I used monofilament thread and free motion quilted
feathers all over my background!
I wanted this subtle and only a slight texture... 
I like it!
Another picture...

I'll post some more tomorrow...

Go ahead...
push those boundaries!
After all, they're only guide lines!

Stitch the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!

Nina Clotfelter


No comments:

Post a Comment