Feather Play

Feather Play

Friday, November 22, 2019

How do YOU make Lemonade?

How do YOU make Lemonade?

Have you ever had a GREAT idea....
You're SO excited you just plow right into the project idea?  (Without much planning!)

WELL....

There was this fabric I had made...
This FABULOUS idea came to me after my son proposed to his girlfriend!  I would need a Christmas stocking for her at my house!  LET'S DO THIS!

Ok, She really liked this fabric a lot, and it was made with her favorite colors in mind!  (I had NO idea what I'd ever do with this fabric...but it was super fun to make!)
OH!
OH!
Let's make her a Christmas stocking out of this really cool fabric!!!
GREAT IDEA!!!


So, I got one of our Christmas stockings out and cut around it adding a seam allowance.  
You need a FRONT
AND a BACK!

BUT...

This is what I cut in ALL my excitement about this GREAT IDEA!


 Say it with me....

2 FRONTS!!!!

Laugh with me....(after I had my "OH SH_ _!" moment)

You see...this fabric was only 21" square,
it took a while to make,
I didn't have enough fabric to make more!

LET'S MAKE LEMONADE!!!

I had told my daughter it was a shame you lost the design of the top fabric in the process of making this fabric, It really was a cool fabric with fish and starfish on it.  The little bit that was left of that fabric was JUST enough to make Lemonade with!  Now people would be able to see what the fabric looks like!  This fabric was quilted so I could then cut...

Say it with me...

 2 BACKS!


And now the 2 stockings could be made complete!!!



Why do I need 2 of the exact same stocking though?
I was going to carry her stocking with me when I teach and show as a sample...Now I have a permanent sample and a stocking that totally belongs to my precious future Daughter In Law!!!

This was a HAPPY ACCIDENT!  
Making Lemonade brings out the creative juices in us and pushes us to come up with a solution!

ENJOY YOUR LEMONADE!!!

Sew the pieces of life together,
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter
www.ninaquilt.com




No comments:

Post a Comment