Feather Play

Feather Play

Monday, April 9, 2018

Galactic Bouqet

Galactic Bouqet

I thought it would be fun to share what I've been working on...

Thread Painting
Whole cloth
Grid work

And it's been SO much fun!

First I drew out my design
(I had already started quilting...sorry!)

Here's a better picture
I had the idea of putting the vase on a table...
so that is the line on the vase.

Here come some leaves...

Isn't the background a great piece?!
A friend of mine hand dies fabric
and I just had to HAVE this piece!

I started adding the additional flowers,
and the background grid.
This grid is a HALF inch grid!

I did a base of soft pink on each flower.
Then I'll add a different color on top
of each one,
so each will be slightly different in color.

So now the flowers are changing...

I'm thinking I will add a yellow center to the Daisy,
then add some yellow whispy things at the top of the bouqet...
We'll see....
Those will be last.
Next I'll do the vase and table!
Then...
get that grid going on the background...
That one will be a lot of work!

So many times when you start with a design
in your head,
or an idea...
please be open to the changes that
WILL come about as you create!
GO with it...
Follow your instinct!


Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter
www.ninaquilts.com






1 comment: