Feather Play

Feather Play

Thursday, July 7, 2016

My new favorite

Falling more in love with my 
Accuquilt Studio die cutter everyday!

I just purchased a new Studio die

Take 5 - #50223

This finishes as a 12" block

I took 12 fat quarters,
divided them in 2 sets of 6 layers,
(even though I can cut 8 layers at once!)

What do you get per fabric cut of each fabric?
1 - 8 1/2" square
1 - 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle
3 - 4 1/2" squares

Then...
there's enough left to cut 
ONE more of the 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle.

BUT WAIT!
There's so much more you can cut 
with the left over fabrics!

Since this die finishes 12" square,
I used die #50365
Quarter Square - 4" finished triangles.
(3 of these will make a 12" strip.)


This 4" finished block will also replace the
 4" finished block on the Take 5 die,
so this gives more options in design!

THEN,
there's still little scraps left...
YES!
We can cut those too!!!

Using die #50771
Half Squares - 1 1/2" finished.
(8 of these make a 12" strip.)


These little 1 1/2" squares can be
 added in as little rows between the big blocks
for interest.

Here are the cuts from those 2 dies.

These are the 12 fat quarters used for
 this quilt for my daughter.
She's going to be so excited!

I used this die the other day 
to make a baby quilt.
It took 15 minutes to cut out!
2 hours to sew blocks!
(NO TRIMMING!)
1 1/2 hours to lay out and sew top together!
EVERYTHING was ACCURATE!!!!!

This is 7 fat quarters
36" x 44"
(I might add a 3" boarder...)

I LOVE how the die cuts are 
SO accurate and speed up the sewing process!
No trimming!
No guess work!
No cutting dog ears!

I'll post the progress of making this quilt...

Sew the pieces of life together..
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina 







No comments:

Post a Comment