Feather Play

Feather Play

Saturday, January 20, 2018

My Absence...

My Unexcused Absence...


Hi Ladies!
I'm BACK!
This past year and a half have been crazy!
I can't believe SO much time has past! 
But, now I can get my life back and 
move forward with my work!
I LOVE what I do!
Quilting and teaching free motion quilting
are my life!
I'm SO GLAD to be back!!!

This past year entailed... 
(Let me preface this by letting you know I've been a caretaker since 2012 for my Dad.)
Gathering information for Alabama Medicaid
(Took MONTHS!)
Trying to qualify for Alabama Medicaid
Trying to get into a nursing home
Getting turned down by 5 nursing homes in Mobile, AL
(Because he couldn't qualify for AL Medicaid)
Going to get help from a lawyer
look into FLA nursing homes
FL Medicaid was simpler
IN A FL NURSING HOME!!!
WOOHOO!!!
Daughter getting married
Son in BAD ralationship
Son going into Marine Corp.
All his graduations and other things I won't mention...
Son now in Japan
Daughter made us Grandparents!

So...The Medicaid thing REALLY threw me for a loop!
There's still always something to do for Medicaid 
and Medicare
BUT...
I'm now traveling and teaching again,
and Blogging again,
And getting my life back!

If you've ever been a Caretaker,
You understand!
If you haven't been,
Please try to understand what giving up your life is like to be a 24/7 caretaker.

Enough about ALL that!
Let's get back to some FUN!!!

Sew the pieces of life together!


They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment