Feather Play

Feather Play

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Here Fishy, Fishy!

OH MY!
This was SO much FUN!!!


I was in Abita Springs, Lousiana
teaching at
Sew This! quilt shop.
This is a GREAT quilt shop!
If you live within an hour or 2,
it's WELL worth the drive!
Sew This! quit shop is full of sweet ladies who work there!

Anyway...
Sew This! is a Bernina dealer and they have 
the Q20 just sitting there on the floor.
I couldn't resist it!
I HAD to take a test run!

There was this crazy fishy just calling my name!
So, I put a small purple boarder,
and larger stripped boarder..
Then...
Started quilting away!

This Bernin Q20 is AMAZING!
Now, let me tell you ...
I only own an older Bernina 1260.
Not a newer fancy Bernina.
  I do not have a stitch regulator for my 1260,
so I'm not accustom to a stitch regulator. 
I used the MANUAL mode on the Bernina  Q20!
(Even though there are 3 built in stitch regulators!)

(Close up of whole fish)


See how I just followed the lines?
This was simply FUN and mindless!!

This edge was also an area where the design was followed.

The blue background simply called for water...you think?
So I combined water with circles for a fun water effect!

Since Sew This! was going to take this to a quilt show for a sample,
the owner told me to sign it.
Can you see it in the purple boarder?

I also wrote what machine and mode this was quilting on.

I know it doesn't show very well,
but I'm okay with that.
That way the shop can use it as a good sample
without my name being over powering.

Here's and IDEA...
This is also a great way to practice on your free motion quilting!
We ALL have fabric in our stash we wonder...
"Why did I buy this?"
Take that fabric,
sandwich it up,
and QUILT IT!
Follow the designs on the fabric to learn control
and just relax and have fun with the practice!

 Sew the pieces of life together!
They make a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

Nina Clotfelter









No comments:

Post a Comment